Seeing a Sunset

The sky is stained pink by the sunset
and I've just had a really long day
trying to keep mom at bay
and I just got a really hot shower at Polly's house
and I am driving, driving hopefully to pick up some clean clothes
and it just feels so crisp and beautiful outside and the sun is setting
and I'm driving into it and so it's like
the pink is just staining the hills
with this beautiful dark rosy color
that is just absolutely magical

and the pink of the hills is spilling onto the sky behind it
and its just kind of disintegrating into that yellow and then soft blue above it and
all the colors melting together
makes me dreamy and hopeful
and it's so pretty that just to be seeing it makes me feel pretty too
it just gives me a sense of calm
in the face of all that's going on

Comments

Popular Posts