For Bella, with all my love

Spring is coming back again
And it always makes me think of you
You were born into the Spring
And I think it means something -
to have been born into a world rebirthing itself

And so,

I see you, in every early budding sprout of green
And the sky turning blue again.
Yours is the face of a daisy, angelic and wise
And I think I never did tell you
that you have always seemed an angel in my eyes
You have the grace of every Spring day -

It's written in your name.

And in the birds that are finding their voices again
I hear yours.
Under sheets or in the car,
with whispers staining my memories, huddled between covers
when you'd come to bug me in my room, or I'd come to bug you in yours.

Our loud car drives -
I hear them again, when we laughed, a little buzzed
from nicotine on our breath
And our voices ascending
higher, higher,
to claim that we felt at home.
There are days I wish I could hug you again
our long hugs and short ones -
I should have held you one last time before I left
because your hugs are the best in the world
this wide wide world that I am on the other side of now.

So when I cannot love you with my embrace,
I will give you my words until I have none left.

I hope you laugh again this Spring
when the world is yours again.
I hope you know how much you deserve it
for yours is the kindest soul I ever did love.
You deserve every poem and every kind word
I hope you know how much you are your own
And how much I love you for it
The way you listen and the way you sing
as if the world was waking up to hear your voice.

So I am listening to the music that makes me think of you
And those songs we sang on that last adventure.
Remember? Driving towards music and euphoria.

And with every step, every breath you take,
You are making the best kind of comeback I ever did see.
So Spring carries you forward -
into rebirth, into living life again.

Comments

Popular Posts