we met at midnight

We met at midnight on my front porch
I, giggles and sock and excitement
You, bag slung on your shoulder and brown hair swishing
We trailed up the stairs to my room
Breathless
A break to get food and me screaming because you drive
Like you've got a race to win
We, laughing and then not sleeping
Because we've got too much to talk about
So we fell asleep the next morning on the lawn
With the leftover coffee at our feet for the ants
Docs on and kicks on and we're curled up on the blanket
That I got on a trip to Sante Fe
I know you're my kind and you're kind
A week later and you're calling me baby
And I'm saying 'darling' like we've
Loved each other for a millennium
And I think
I could love you for another one
Week 3 and we've got plans for Italy, baby
Hawaii? Sure sure, like warm animals
Another 11:11 and we can take anything and everything
so let's take it all

Comments

Popular Posts