Ode to a Stranger

i had
a dream
last night
the most perilous fight.
You hit
i screamed
never so Trapped was
i
Your greedy face
It gleamed
no, You never meant to kill
but killed my soul
You did
leaving my body broken and bruised
along with it
i tried to run
but
legs are molasses
when they are trapped in
Nightmares
i tried to fight back but Your
Brutal heart and
Brutish hands
fell harder
it’s so easy
to hurt others
when You can’t feel pain
don’t You know hands are meant for love?
and words are meant for loving?
not Bruising
my heart, my soul, my body
You remind me of my helplessness
i’m just trying to
breathe
So let me run!
please don’t
hold me Trapped
don’t let Your anger turn to hatred
and Your hurt to my
Pain
but if You can’t
then
Please
Please

Just let me be.

-Z.

Comments

Popular Posts